Editorial production manager for business newsletters, Media Z Productions Co. Ltd
Newsletter publishing company seeks a Thai national with experience in publishing (preferably newspapers or magazine) and managing production and some editing work.
* Working with our graphic designers to design and publish newsletters.
* Designing and sending out our e-newsletters using online platforms like Constant Contact and Mailchimp.
* Managing production, scheduling of newsletters.
* Uploading news content to the websites, blogs, social media pages we manage.
* Working with our copy editors to ensure changes.
* Experienced in working with Adobe InDesign and even some experience in Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
* Have a flare for creative layouts and working closely with layout artists and graphic designers.
* Able to multitask and manage workflow for our numerous newsletters.
* Able to work independently.
* Experienced in working on deadlines.
* Strong English skills (but the position does not require writing)
Please send your CV and any related work samples, like pages you've designed), to email@example.com
Correspondent position, AFP
Expected starting date
: November 1, 2017
Deadline for applications
: September 15, 2017
: BANGKOK REGION: ASIA PACIFIC
The Bangkok and Southeast Asia correspondent is core to our English-language coverage of one of AFP's most dynamic regions that takes in Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos.
The successful candidate will be an experienced multimedia journalist with top-notch writing and editing skills and a proven ability to generate lively copy to deadline on a broad range of topics, from the iron-fisted rule of the Thai military junta to Myanmar's stumbling democratic evolution. Sports and economic coverage are an important component of the regional coverage, and the correspondent is also expected to generate original, imaginative and lively feature and focus stories.
(S)He will be a good team player with an ability to swiftly and accurately edit copy from a talented array of local correspondents and stringers. The news flow in the region can be very heavy at times, and the correspondent must be able to work under pressure and coordinate closely with colleagues in Bangkok and other bureaus.
One of three native Anglophone correspondents in the bureau, (s)he will have sufficient command of written French to translate news stories. A thorough understanding of multimedia journalism, notably video, and social media is key. A good command of Thai would be a major plus.
He/She would work under the Bangkok bureau chief and news editor, alongside five full-time text reporters, three full-time photographers, a full-time video journalist and a network of stringers across the region.
Please send applications with motivating letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Thailand's leading English-language newspaper is looking for a self-motivated, energetic person for the position of Sub-editor/Copy Taster
The candidate accepted for this position will be responsible for overseeing the sub-editing of articles written by non-native English language speakers for the National News, Business and Sports desks, and copy-tasting for the World News Desk.
• Minimum 3 years' experience writing or sub-editing with an English-language publication preferred
• Fluent command of the English language
• Ability to work to strict deadlines and under time pressure
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well within a small, dedicated team
• A strong interest in local news, international news, business, sports and current affairs
We offer a competitive salary and benefits to the suitable candidate. Please send an application letter with a detailed resume, recent photograph and references.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
NHK General Bureau for Asia
NHK, Japan Broadcasting Corporation, is looking for a professional and highly motivated person to join our team.
POSITION: NEWS RESEARCHER
•Research on and assist in producing news features related to politics, economy, and cultural stories based mainly in Thailand.
•Report on camera and write news scripts for 24-hours English news program when needed.
•Thai citizen aged around 20-40 years old
•Fluent in spoken and written English (Ability to speak Japanese is also welcome)
•At least 1 year of experience in the news industry
•Ability to work and study independently, and travel on short notice
•Bachelor's degree in media, journalism, or related fields is preferred
Interested candidates are invited to submit (1) your detailed resume, (2) expected salary, (3) samples of your work and (4) a recent photo by e-mail to: email@example.com
NHK General Bureau for Asia
The Straits Times, Correspondent position
The Straits Times, one of Asia's leading newspapers, is seeking to hire a Thailand correspondent. If you are a multimedia journalist well-adapted to Thailand's cultural and political landscape, and proficient at generating original news stories from the region, this could be the role for you.
A strong command of written and spoken English is a must, and a good command of Thai would be a major plus. Business reporting experience would also be considered an asset.
Please send your resume and links of your previous work to firstname.lastname@example.org