Asia Times is seeking Interns
Asia Times is looking for journalism students or recent grads who want some hands-on experience as interns.
They must be SELF-STARTERS, who will write stories, create social media videos, help with social media posting and generally contribute to the nitty-gritty details of producing a fast-paced online news operation.
Please email AT.email@example.com with resume, cover letter and availability.
Thai Union Group
Thai Union Group is seeking an experienced communications professional who can develop and drive our consumer marketing and lifestyle communications, and engagement strategy in Thailand.
The position will work with our global brand leaders to share best practices, while leading content development for use globally by Thai Union, its brands and retail customers.
The position is responsible for developing and leading the implementation of strategic consumer communications plans that build authentic, long-term relationships with consumers in Thailand, and assist brands with their consumer outreach across all markets.
This position reports to the head of Marketing, Branding and Internal Communications, in addition to working with Communications and Marketing team members around the world. The role also supports the Consumer Brand Marketing teams in Thailand, developing effective storytelling for Thai Union and its brands at a consumer level.
Knowledge of and experience in global corporate communications, and solid Thai consumer and lifestyle media experience are important. Competency in digital and social media are important. Key competencies of the role include having a solid understanding of consumer communications, excellent written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate is adept at creating strong communications strategies and plans, has the ability to synthesize specialized knowledge/information into a compelling story, incorporate input from internal stakeholders, and then lead and drive implementation.
An ability to work within a global organization, contributing to cross-functional plans and building stakeholder relationships is key. A passion for consumer and lifestyle communications, and dedication to continuing development of expertise in the fast-changing landscape of digital and social media is preferred.
Key responsibilities include:
Proactively fostering and maintain authentic and strategic consumer and lifestyle media relationships.
Develop innovative and targeted communication strategies, messaging and tactics that engage and deliver compelling messages and stories.
Provide high-quality briefs, writing and editing support to content providers (e.g., feature stories, videos, infographics, animations, graphics, web-copy).
Manage and continue to build a content library of excellent, sharable communications tools. Be innovative, daring and take calculated risks to find ways to "break-through" to the consumer with more efficiency and creativity.
Own and manage relationships with market brand leaders and their external partner organizations and communication advisors.
Lead in building the Thailand consumer and lifestyle media program and maintenance of media relations.
Participate in Communication's annual communications strategy and target setting, planning, and messaging.
Track timelines and budget, and manage internal and external approval processes.
Bachelor's degree (minimum) in a related field is required.
7+ years professional experience in impactful communications roles corporate or large-scale organizations, preferably in the marketing and consumer communications.
Significant experience initiating and driving the analytical and creative process contributing to meaningful, innovative communication strategies.
Successful experience in working effectively at senior levels of a large organization and a proven ability to provide guidance and direction to peers.
On the ground media relations experience with ability to communicate clearly as a company spokesperson when required.
Understanding of the evolving consumer communications environment and digital media landscape.
Excellent Thai and English language skills with strong interpersonal communications abilities.
Please send a cover letter and CV to TU Corporate Communications
Senior Communications Officer - World BankLocation: Yangon, Myanmar
Recruitment Type: Local Hire - 2-year term appointment
Language Requirement: Burmese-Myanmar, English (essential)
Closing Date: January 8, 2018
The World Bank Group's vision is to end extreme poverty by 2030, and promote shared prosperity by fostering the income growth of the bottom 40 percent in every country, in a sustainable manner.
The World Bank office in Yangon is looking for a dynamic, committed and capable individual to work as Senior Communications Officer for Myanmar. Cambodia and Lao PDR. This is a locally- recruited position, based in Yangon, with a 2-year renewable term appointment.
The Senior Communications Officer leads the communications team in the World Bank's Office in Yangon, as well as communications colleagues in Phnom Penh and Vientiane, working under the overall supervision of the East Asia and Pacific (EAP) Regional Communications Manager based in Washington, D.C. The Senior Communications Officer will report daily to the Country Director for Myanmar, Cambodia and Lao PDR and collaborate with colleagues of the Country Management Unit and the whole EAP team.
Summary of Roles and Responsibilities:
• Planning, developing, and implementing effective communication and engagement strategies to raise awareness of and build domestic support for the World Bank Group's program in Myanmar.
• Conceptualizing, preparing, producing and disseminating communication products (e.g., op-eds, speeches, news releases, brochures, Q&As, presentations, briefing notes, online and social media content, etc.) about the WBG and its policies and programs in Myanmar.
• Developing and maintaining relationships a broad range of external stakeholders including media, NGOs, civil society, universities/think tanks, and government.
• Proactively seeking opportunities through media outreach and civil society engagement to improve understanding of WBG activities in Myanmar and the EAP Region, to project and protect the WBG's brand.
• Tracking and analyzing current events, political developments, public opinion and other internal or external developments related to the WBG and its work in Myanmar, utilizing information from traditional and non-traditional sources from both inside and outside the WBG to help assess potential risks that could impact the WBG and to help determine appropriate responses as needed, including the preparation of crisis communication strategies.
• Advising management and project/program teams on trends, news developments, or changing/unexpected circumstances that may impact the WBG and its work, and determines appropriate strategic responses.
• Providing strategic communication guidance to both operational teams and government implementing agencies to support complex or high risk projects or reform programs. These include: review and comment on key documents, capacity building to undertake communication interventions, consultations, and stakeholder engagement activities through lending and non-lending activities (i.e., projects, programs, analytical work, etc.).
• Leading and managing the workflow of the Communications Teams in Myanmar, Cambodia and Lao and mentoring the team members for professional development.
• Overseeing the management of websites, social media and other online communications platforms and outreach channels.
• Supporting the planning and coordination of high-level management visits and other high-profile events--often across multiple teams in different units across the World Bank Group--for press briefings, major conferences and seminars, executive missions and speeches, public or broadcast appearances, and other communications-related activities.
• Master's degree and at least eight years of professional experience, or Bachelor's degree and at least 13 years of professional experience, in a relevant discipline (communications, journalism, economics, finance, business administration, development studies, or international relations).
• At least 5 years of experience in communications and journalism
• Experience in communicating complex technical concepts in a clear, compelling and concise manner and constructing messages that are accessible to a range of audiences.
• Proven writing, editing and speaking skills in English and Myanmar and an ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and engaging style.
• Solid understanding of the political landscape in Myanmar and different stakeholder groups--including its dynamic civil society landscape--is essential, as well as an established network in Myanmar' civil society, media and the private sector.
• Demonstrated experience leading a multicultural team.
• Capacity to work simultaneously on a variety of issues and tasks independently, adjusting to priorities and achieving results with agreed objectives and deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to function as a team player, within and across teams, and deliver on complex and sometimes parallel tasks on very tight deadlines.
All applications must be submitted through this website.
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Closing date is January 8, 2018.