Khmer Times newspaper based in Phnom Penh
has two vacancies:
- We need an experienced business writer.
- We also need an experienced features writer.
Khmer Times is an English-language newspaper with editions from Monday to Friday. If you're interested in joining a newsroom with the most experienced and award-winning staff of any newspaper in Cambodia, please send a cover letter and a CV to:
Editorial production manager for business newsletters, Media Z Productions Co. Ltd
Newsletter publishing company seeks a Thai national with experience in publishing (preferably newspapers or magazine) and managing production and some editing work.
* Working with our graphic designers to design and publish newsletters.
* Designing and sending out our e-newsletters using online platforms like Constant Contact and Mailchimp.
* Managing production, scheduling of newsletters.
* Uploading news content to the websites, blogs, social media pages we manage.
* Working with our copy editors to ensure changes.
* Experienced in working with Adobe InDesign and even some experience in Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
* Have a flare for creative layouts and working closely with layout artists and graphic designers.
* Able to multitask and manage workflow for our numerous newsletters.
* Able to work independently.
* Experienced in working on deadlines.
* Strong English skills (but the position does not require writing)
Please send your CV and any related work samples, like pages you've designed), to email@example.com
Correspondent position, AFP
Expected starting date
: November 1, 2017
Deadline for applications
: September 15, 2017
: BANGKOK REGION: ASIA PACIFIC
The Bangkok and Southeast Asia correspondent is core to our English-language coverage of one of AFP's most dynamic regions that takes in Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos.
The successful candidate will be an experienced multimedia journalist with top-notch writing and editing skills and a proven ability to generate lively copy to deadline on a broad range of topics, from the iron-fisted rule of the Thai military junta to Myanmar's stumbling democratic evolution. Sports and economic coverage are an important component of the regional coverage, and the correspondent is also expected to generate original, imaginative and lively feature and focus stories.
(S)He will be a good team player with an ability to swiftly and accurately edit copy from a talented array of local correspondents and stringers. The news flow in the region can be very heavy at times, and the correspondent must be able to work under pressure and coordinate closely with colleagues in Bangkok and other bureaus.
One of three native Anglophone correspondents in the bureau, (s)he will have sufficient command of written French to translate news stories. A thorough understanding of multimedia journalism, notably video, and social media is key. A good command of Thai would be a major plus.
He/She would work under the Bangkok bureau chief and news editor, alongside five full-time text reporters, three full-time photographers, a full-time video journalist and a network of stringers across the region.
Please send applications with motivating letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Thailand's leading English-language newspaper is looking for a self-motivated, energetic person for the position of Sub-editor/Copy Taster
The candidate accepted for this position will be responsible for overseeing the sub-editing of articles written by non-native English language speakers for the National News, Business and Sports desks, and copy-tasting for the World News Desk.
• Minimum 3 years' experience writing or sub-editing with an English-language publication preferred
• Fluent command of the English language
• Ability to work to strict deadlines and under time pressure
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well within a small, dedicated team
• A strong interest in local news, international news, business, sports and current affairs
We offer a competitive salary and benefits to the suitable candidate. Please send an application letter with a detailed resume, recent photograph and references.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org